Our fellowship programme provides financial assistance to optometrists and students of optometry around the world who are committed to improving vision and eye care globally.
The World Council of Optometry Fellowship scheme is under review and will be relaunched early in 2015.
Who can receive a fellowship?
To be eligible for a fellowship or travel bursary, applicants must:
- be a member of a WCO member organisation in good standing
- be an optometrist or a student of optometry
- have not received a WCO fellowship or travel bursary in the past five years
- not be a member of the WCO Governing Board
- not submit more than one application.
How much financial assistance will a fellowship or travel bursary provide?
In 2015, the programme will provide:
- $10,000 for optometric projects (maximum of $5,000 per fellowship)
- $10,000 for travel bursaries (maximum of $1,000 per bursary)
(Photo courtesy of ICEE)